사이트 내 전체검색

뒤로가기 자유게시판

The way forward for What Is Yoga

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Deloris Granier
댓글 0건 조회 3회 작성일 24-10-11 10:56

본문

In addition to asana practice, there are other energy controlling techniques through the breath and cleansing rituals to purify and strengthen the physical body, enabling control of both our internal and external state of being. From there it grew into a desire to share the experiences I was having with others. It is believed that there are more than 84,000 different yoga poses. There are five main paths of yoga practice that lead us to this goal of spiritual reunification. This is the path of wisdom, what is yoga and it emphasizes discriminating intelligence to achieve spiritual liberation. Through this ultimate union of the self with the Divine, we experience lasting bliss, or bhoga, and liberation from suffering. In the sutras, Patanjali expands on 8 components (or limbs) of yoga: the yamas (outward facing behavior), the niyamas (inward facing behavior), asana (body postures), pranayama (breath control), pratyahara (withdrawal of senses), dharana (concentration), dhyani (meditation), and finally, samadhi (liberation). What would Patanjali say about our changing states of mind? According to Maharishi Patanjali, Yoga is the suppression of modifications of the mind.

Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word, ‘YUJ’. The phrase yoga nidra comes from the Sanskrit language and is often described as meaning "yogic sleep." Yoga nidra is intended to produce a state of relaxation that is similar to sleep, but involves maintaining conscious awareness of the environment. An example would be So'ham, meaning I am that. The Indian sage Patanjali is thought to be the first to codify yoga into The Yoga Sutras (literally meaning suture or stitch), which are aphorisms on the theory and practice of yoga. Although, these various designations of practice may sound complicated, they all point to the true meaning of yoga, which is union. The third branch, which is yoga philosophy, describes the processes needed to realize our unity with the one consciousness so that we may free ourselves from the suffering felt through our perceived separation. The illusion of separation from our true nature is enormous so this may be a lifetime or more of practice, but each aspect of yoga benefits us physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually as we go along. These 8 limbs provide students with a progressive path to understanding the true nature of the Self and of life in general.

To overview the classical path of the Eight Limbs of Yoga, we begin with the Yamas, moral qualities we need to cultivate in order to reconnect with our true unified nature. While it’s normal to feel a little discomfort as you begin to stretch your muscles, if you experience pain during a stretch or posture, stop the pose. That was about 10 years ago, and I still haven’t stopped trying to figure out what yoga is all about, mainly because it’s been many things to me over the years. Read on to find out. And now, I find myself interested in yoga as a beloved physical practice that helps me understand the nature of myself. All yoga practice is to serve the unfolding of infinite potential of both the human mind and eternal Self. Through Bhakti yoga we surrender self completely and strive to perceive the inherent oneness of all beings, thereby maintaining unending worship. It is an affirmation of the unity of the individual self with Universal Self.

These inner and outer practices all move toward a scientific method of meditation that enables us to perceive our unity with the ever present, ever conscious, blissful Spirit. Yoga is amongst the six schools of philosophy in Hinduism, and is also a major part of Buddhism and its meditation practices. That catapulted me into wanting to understand and benefit from yoga philosophy, anatomy theory, meditation and more. Through more circulation in the head, the brain cells are energized, the working capacity of brain is enhanced and the memory becomes sharp and a person does not get tired easily. A person who is pregnant or has an ongoing medical condition, such as bone loss, glaucoma, or sciatica, should consult a healthcare professional, if possible, before taking up yoga. I had heard of yoga before, but had no memory of where I heard of it, and I had associated it in my mind as exercise for people who don’t like to exercise. Like Jesus who instructed his disciples to "pray without ceasing," Bhakti yoga is the path of pure immersion in love. The sedentary lifestyle is the begetting of many physical health problems like limited flexibility, low strength, poor posture, stiffness, and many more.

고객센터
010-6524-2486
평일(월 ~ 금)
09:00 ~ 18:00
토/일/공휴일 휴무
점심시간
12:30 ~ 01:30
Copyright © 2023 MUNJAGO. All rights reserved.

사이트 정보

투윈시스템 대표 : 이재성 | 주소 : 경북 경산시 하양읍 도리2길 9
문의 : 010-6524-2486 | 팩스 : 0504-057-2486 | 사업자 등록번호 : 390-03-03124 (사업자정보확인)
통신판매업신고번호 : 2024-경북경산-0198 | 개인정보관리책임자 : 이재성